The Municipal Clerk’s Office announces Accessible Vote Centers (AVCs) are open today for voting.
AVCs are located at Anchorage City Hall, Eagle River Town Center, Loussac Library, the MOA Election Center, the Muldoon Mall (NEW!), and O’Malley’s on the Green. For a complete list of days, hours, and specific addresses; please visit the Accessible Vote Center interactive map at muni.org/elections/AVC.
Accessible Vote Centers offer the following services, where voters can:
- Return a ballot
- Access help for other voter questions
- Replace a lost or damaged ballot
- Register to vote
- Receive a ballot package if they did not receive one in the mail
- Vote a questioned or provisional ballot
- Receive voting assistance
Similar to voting in prior elections, voters who are voting in-person and requesting a replacement ballot will be required to show identification.
The Municipal Clerk’s Office reminds voters that traditional polling locations will not be an option for voting on Election Day.
“Vote by Mail is as easy as 1-2-3!”
- Vote your ballot, filling in the ovals completely, place the ballot in the security envelope, then place both into the ballot return envelope.
- Sign the declaration on the back of the ballot return envelope.
- Return your ballot in 1 of 3 ways: save postage by placing it in a Secure Drop Box or return it to an Accessible Vote Center or with first class postage through the United States Postal Service.
Ballot return envelopes must be returned to Secure Drop Boxes or Accessible Vote Centers by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, April 2, 2019. Voters who are in line by 8:00 p.m., will be allowed to return their ballot. If mailing a ballot return envelope with first-class postage, it must be postmarked by Election Day, April 2, 2019.
For more election information, please visit muni.org/elections