ANCHORAGE – The Municipality of Anchorage’s (MOA) Public Transportation Department (PTD) kicked off a new short-range transit planning effort called Transit on the Move.
This plan will examine how the current transit system is operating and identify possible changes to; route alignments, schedules, service hours, and bus stops. Discussions will result in a list of future system adjustments ranked by priority. Recommendations will include suggestions for People Mover, AnchorRIDES, and RideShare.
The first round of public meetings is scheduled between February 14-22 and will review PTD’s recently published System Report Card analyzing how the first year of the new transit system performed. The meetings will allow the public to share their ideas about what’s important to them in a public transportation system. This first series of meetings will be set up to gather the community’s needs, values, and desires to help determine what’s working and what needs to be improved.
The Public Meeting dates are listed below:
- Thursday, 2/14: 5:30 – 7:00pm – City Hall, Room 155
- Tuesday, 2/19: 10:00 – 11:30am – Mountain View Library
- Tuesday, 2/19: 5:30 – 7:00pm – Eagle River Town Center, Room 170
- Wednesday, 2/20: 10:00 – 11:30am – Dimond Center Mall, 2nd Floor, Next to Habitat Housewares
- Wednesday, 2/20: 5:30 – 7:00pm – Romig Middle School, Multipurpose Room
- Thursday, 2/21: 5:00 – 6:30pm – Muldoon Library
- Friday, 2/22: 5:30 – 7:00pm – Fairview Community Center
Public meeting materials and comment opportunities are also available online beginning February 14, 2019.
To learn more about the project, view upcoming meetings, submit a comment, or see the entire project timeline, visit www.peoplemover.org/TransitOnTheMove.
For more information, please contact Bart Rudolph at (907) 343-8490.