The Municipal Clerk’s Office announces the Loussac Library Accessible Vote Center (AVC) is open for voting.
The Loussac AVC Election Officials were in training yesterday and based on the success of the training, are prepared to provide voter services earlier than anticipated. It is the first of the five AVCs to open; the remaining four AVCs open on Monday, March 26, 2018. AVC hours and locations may be found at muni.org/elections/AVC.
The Loussac AVC is open today until 6:00 p.m., Saturday, March 24 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday, March 25 from Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Accessible Vote Centers offer the following services, where voters can:
- Return a ballot
- Access help for other voter questions
- Replace a lost or damaged ballot
- Register to vote
- Receive a ballot package if they did not receive one in the mail
- Vote a questioned or provisional ballot
- Receive voting assistance
As has been the case in the past, voters who are voting in-person, will be required to show identification. Voters will also be required to show identification if requesting a replacement ballot in-person.
The Municipal Clerk’s Office reminds voters that traditional polling locations will not be an option for voting on Election Day.
“Vote by Mail is as easy as 1-2-3!”
- Vote your ballot, filling in the ovals completely, place the ballot in the security envelope, then p place both into the ballot return envelope.
- Sign the declaration on the back of the ballot return envelope.
- Return your ballot with first class postage through the United States Postal Service or save postage and drop it at a Secure Drop Box or return it to an Accessible Vote Center.
Ballot return envelopes must be returned to Secure Drop Boxes or Accessible Vote Centers by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, April 3, 2018. If mailing a ballot return envelope with first-class postage, it must be postmarked by Election Day, April 3, 2018.
For more election information, please visit muni.org/elections
Carolyn Hall, Education and Outreach Coordinator
Barbara A. Jones, Municipal Clerk